The cordless impact wrench is a useful tool for all, from the experienced handy man to the occasional DIY person. Wrenches have become have become more powerful, energy saving and lighter in weight. They are also easy to use. There is a difference between a wrench and a driver, many people confuse the two. The Wrench is able to remove a screw without causing any damage to eat, a driver on the other hand has a quick release hex chuck.
If you are thinking of buying a cordless impact wrench, you can use the following as a guide:
- You need to choose between the electricity powered, battery powered or an air compressor. This will depend on your needs. If you work outdoors where there is no electricity, it may be a good idea to buy the battery powered of air compressor wrench.
- You need to think of the tools that you already have in your toolbox. This is because the half inch wrench will only with a half inch socket.
- You would also need to think about power, the half inch wrench will be more powerful than the 3/8” wrench but the 3/8” will have more revolutions (torque) per minute.
- The weight of the wrench is also important. The light weight wrench will be easier to carry for long periods at a time.
- Size wise the smaller wrench will be easier to use but will have less torque.
- Wrenches can make a lot of noise, so if you are working inside an office space where people are working, you will need the wrench with little noise.
- Think of the warranty, many wrenches come with a 1 year warranty although you can get those that have warranties up to 5 years. Choosing the wrench with a longer warranty is always better.
The cordless wrench can make your work easier if you choose the correct one for your needs, this is why it is important think about what kind of work and where you will be using the wrench to ensure that you choose wisely.